Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Neglecting this blog

I have been neglecting this blog the last few days because to be honest, I am in the " I hate the Army mode". I didn't feel that I was in a state of mind to be blogging because I might write something that I don't care to "put out there".  I would hate to write something that I would later regret.

Jim has been working insane hours since he got home.  It's one of those, if I didn't see you in my bed I would think that you were not even here situations.  While I understand that they have things that they need to do to prepare for deployment, I feel that they also need to remember that there are families that just went one month without a Dad, and now you are taking him away again.  :::::BLAH:::::::

Monday started out with brifings all day.  He left for work, didn't come home for lunch, didn't get any phone calls (I am sure he didn't want to call and hear the heartbroken voices on the other end of the line) but I did get a few very annoying texts.  He finally came home that evening.  Yesterday I got a phone call at 12:00 p.m.  He is usually home by then.  It was Jim saying "oh wow I just saw what time it is when I got in my car, guess I can't make it home for lunch" .  Did you all hear that rumble around noon????  That was my eyes rolling in annoyance. I asked him when he would be home, he said that he hoped by 4:00.  4:00 rolls around, no Jim.  4:40, no Jim.  5:00 I finally called him.  He was doing paperwork and couldn't leav "anytime soon".  I informed him that I was feeding the kids but that I was going to school early to do homework with no distractions, and that he was on his own with the kids tonight in case he forgot.  Ok Cindy, I hope to be done in an hour.  I called at 6:30 because I had asked him if he would stop by my school on his way home, and I wanted to remind him.  No answer.  A few min later I got a text letting me know he was still working ::::sigh::::::: followed by a phone call just to "talk really fast".

I got home from class early last night around 9:00.  He informed me that he didn't leave work until almost 8:00 and he had to be into work at 5 am!  Seriously?  Yep, and I am not sure if I will be coming home we have more paperwork.  He then informs me that they are only allowed 15 days leave before he deploys.  15 days!  For those of you that do not know, that is not 3 weeks, that is 2 weeks one day because our "days" also count the weekends.  Sorry buddy you are leaving for another 14 months, we will NOT pay you the extra pay for every day over 365 days you will be gone, and we are only going to allow you 15 days with your family :::sigh::::::

So today, the Army is on my personal "naughty list" for the holiday's.

No comments:

Post a Comment